If you’re one of the loyal three PH8 readers, I know you come here and dive straight into the content. We love you for it.
If you’re inclined to peruse the page a bit more, you may have noticed the DraftStreet banner newly atop the site. You may have even clicked on it to find out what DraftStreet is all about.
Well, now you can find out in our FREE PH8 Friday Fantasy Challenge. Courtesy of the kind folks at DraftStreet, we have a $200 cash prize pool to be paid out to five places for a one-day fantasy baseball competition taking place this Friday, April 15th.
So you ask… “one-day fantasy baseball, how does that work?” The windup, and the pitch:
Here’s how you play: Fill your roster (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 2 U, 2 SP, RP, P) while staying within the budget of $100k. Player salaries are set by DraftStreet based on fantasy production. So, if you want to put Roy Halladay on the mound it might cost you $16k, which means you’ll have to find some bargains to fill out the rest of your squad. [ED note: Maybe Pujols is cheap for now!]
Sign up now for free. Build a team (you can adjust your roster up until the games start). Then check out the scoreboard when the games start and watch your team win you cash.
So if you love fantasy baseball, what’s not to love about this?
- Sign up for FREE.
- Draft a team with a $100k “salary cap”, only be concerned about one night’s games (Friday, April 15th) – forget about the rest of the season!
- Did I mention it’s only one night? Play match-ups, choose a pitching ace, and does anyone know who’s playing in Colorado Friday night?!?
- You can adjust your team up until the first game starts on Friday (first game is Orioles @ Indians at 6:05pm CT), so don’t get stuck with someone not in the lineup that night.
- Watch your team dominate.
- Collect from the FREE $200 prize pool!
You can only enter this contest here at Pitchers Hit Eighth – by clicking any one of the gratuitously placed links above or by clicking the following snazzy banner from DraftStreet:
I feel like I do have to admit the one caveat to this – I’m allowed to play too! I’ll post the team I choose here later in the next couple of days.
Sign up now, don’t let me win our own contest! There’s $200 cash on the line!