In light of Cardinal fans’ most recent Chicken Little moment, I present to you (in no particular order) the Top Ten Reasons that the Cardinals’ 2009 season is already over, only nine games in. Please note: *tongue firmly in cheek*.
- Because Ryan Ludwick is still on the bench.
- Because Yadier Molina has that silly yellow hair.
- Because Dennys Reyes ate the rest of the season.
- Because Josh Kinney has given up a walk in each appearance.
- Because Chris Carpenter is headed to the disabled list. Again.
- Because Tony LaRussa’s sunglasses have gotten so dark, he can’t read his lineup card anymore.
- Because Skip Schumaker is a failure at second base.
- Because Rick Ankiel still can’t lay off of that damned slider away.
- Because Somali pirates have captured Albert Pujols.
- Because this season’s bullpen is on a mission to prove they can be worse than 2008′s bullpen.
Sorry, I had to get that off of my chest.
Yes, I’m disappointed that another game slipped away. Yes, I’m fearful of what the next few weeks (hopefully, at the most) hold in store for Carpenter. And yes, I was just as surprised as the rest of you that Brendan Ryan “was our best option/matchup” in the ninth inning last night.
But seriously, CHILL OUT.
Has the STLToday.com Cards Talk forum imploded yet?