Another Sunday, another series of chances wasted:
- It’s really hard to fault the Cardinals for Sunday’s loss. They stopped as many Red Sox chances as they failed on themselves. Sunday’s game felt like a late series World Series game, lots of fun.
- Mike Parisi had another rough (to say the least) outing. I tried defending Mike many times both here and over in the game threads at Viva El Birdos, but it seems it’s put up or shut up time for Parisi at this stage. I suspect he’ll be the first ticket punched for Memphis once someone is eligible to come off of the disabled list (Albert Pujols on Thursday perhaps)?
- Congrats to Nick Stavinoha on his first major league hit. Stavinoha got some good hacks in and hopefully we’ll get to see him for a reasonable amount of at-bats.
- Randy Flores has fallen off the wagon. He has kicked the bucket. He has jumped the shark. Use whatever metaphor you want for “he sucks,” and it will probably apply. He needs a quick boost in confidence, or this team will be quickly seeking LHRP help elsewhere.
- Adam Kennedy is hitting .300 in June and has made a couple of nifty defensive plays to boot. Reports of his demise may have been premature. Stay tuned.
- Rookie reliever Chris Perez has had a rough go of it lately, including Sunday’s meltdown to allow the Sox to tie the game. Here’s hoping he can work out of the funk – he might be in line for a trip back to Memphis.
- Jason Isringhausen has put himself back on the map. Izzy looked good in Boston on the weekend – not without his usual drama – but managed to wiggle out of things with some nasty bite back on his cutter, and the return of the curve.
- Albert Pujols is due to return Thursday or Friday for the Royals series. Can’t come too soon, in my opinion.
Today’s game wore me out. I’d love to put more random junk from the week up here right now, but frankly, I’m worn out and I can’t put my mind to more Cardinals goodness.
Here’s til tomorrow.