I’m admittedly a bit behind on the particulars of this draft and who the Cards are looking at, but thankfully some of my fellow writers are all over it and I’ll shamelessly link all of their info here:
- Future Redbirds has been all over the draft – it’s their business – and are speculating on the news yesterday that Jeff Luhnow has a handful of guys on his board for the 13th pick.
- FR has also put together a big ‘ole list (and odds of them being available) of the players they feel like could be available at the Cards’ 13th pick.
- Derrick Goold posts a history of sorts of the 13th pick in the draft, and the Cardinals’ luck (or lack of) at that slot. It would be HORRIBLE if Luhnow wound up with a Manny Ramirez at that pick today.
- Finally, Tim Dierkes at MLB Trade Rumors has a run-down of the entire draft, and will be live-posting during the draft.
- Viva El Birdos conducted an informal poll of its readers to see who the Cardinals should, and who the would, take at pick 13.
- Future Redbirds has added more: Now thinks Gordon Beckham is Luhnow’s ‘backflip’ guy. Christian Friedrich keeps getting thrown around as if he might be the guy.